We’re hoping this issue delivers a little normalcy to you. Our theme for this issue is rocks and geology, so you’ll find some great stories about everything from rock climbing to picking beach glass. Other stories cover spring whitewater paddling, a wind up of the mushing season, the discovery of Yooperlites, hot sandwiches, counting spruce grouse droppings and an update on sea lamprey control in Lake Superior. We also have a wonderful story about using boxing to combat the effects of Parkinson’s disease. Enjoy!
In this Issue:
- Outdoor Rock Climbing on the North Shore
- Spring Ushers in North Shore Kayaking Scene
- A Selection of Hot Sandwiches
- NSSA: Conserving Cold Water Fisheries
- Geologic History of the Boundary Waters
- Tumbled to Perfection: Lake Superior Beach Glass
- The Omars and Yooperlites of Northern Wilds
Stay in Touch
Each month Northern Wilds Magazine features upcoming events, the arts, outdoor activities, dining, community news and other interesting topics. It also contains The Ultimate North Shore Real Estate Guide, the areas most comprehensive listings of homes and properties for sale in our coverage area.