From art fairs, festivals, races, and concerts, there’s no shortage of activities and celebrations this month. Stories include the 150th anniversary of Porphyry Lighthouse, the Cook County Pride Committee’s Pride Month events, and Canada’s National Indigenous Peoples Day on June 21. Other stories include Silver Bay jewelry artist Erik Rasmussen, the Boundary Waters Advisory Committee, and the pros and cons of a tiller boat verses a console boat. Enjoy!
In this Issue:
- Celebrating 150 Years at Porphyry Island
- Remote Area Border Crossing Permits
- North Shore Adventure Park
- Cook County Pride: Embracing Diversity & Celebrating LGBTQ Rights
- Bringing History to Life: Hiking the BWCAW
- Honoring Indigenous Culture and Heritage
- Summer Experiences for North Shore Escapes
- Erik Rasmussen: Floodbay Agates
- Tiller vs. Console: Which Boat is Better?
- Three Trillion Trees on Earth
- A Fishy Legacy: Smoked Fish
Stay in Touch
Each month Northern Wilds Magazine features upcoming events, the arts, outdoor activities, dining, community news, and other interesting topics. It also contains The Ultimate North Shore Real Estate Guide, the area’s most comprehensive listings of homes and properties for sale in our coverage area.