In this issue, we celebrate art along the shore. Stories include the 40th anniversary of the Sivertson Gallery, Birney Quick and the Grand Marais Art Colony, the legacy of Grand Portage artist George Morrison, and Thunder Bay textile artist Tuija Hansen. Other stories include the hiking school of hard knocks, smoking meats and walleye fishing. Enjoy!
In this Issue:
- Creative Inspiration: Why the North Shore Attracts Artists
- Hiking School of Hard Knocks
- Summer Reading Recommendations
- Smoking Meats: Low and Slow is the Secret
- The Walleye Angler’s Arsenal
- Bringing Food Security Back Home
- The Legacy of Grand Portage’s George Morrison
Stay in Touch
Each month Northern Wilds Magazine features upcoming events, the arts, outdoor activities, dining, community news and other interesting topics. It also contains The Ultimate North Shore Real Estate Guide, the areas most comprehensive listings of homes and properties for sale in our coverage area.